Friday, August 12, 2016

Multicultural Art: Jack Anderson, aka Crying Raven







  Jack Anderson, aka Crying Raven


"My life has been an overwhelming, but fantastic journey. I have learned the power of the Circle, the importance of family, unconditional love and creativity during my journey. Since the beginning I have loved color. I have been using color to create since I was old enough to pick up a crayon. Since then I have used color to express my love, my fears, my sorrow and my joy. What I paint comes from my heart and soul.  It is a record of my journey. I am a self-taught painter. I draw inspiration from  my  Ramapough-Lenape / E. Cherokee (NGE) and Afro-American  roots.  Some of the people who inspire me are: Cynthia, my best friend,wife, lover, muse and confidant, whose constant support of me artistry is beyond compare; Willie Butler, my favorite artist, who taught me basic composition, how to look at things and dissect them, then put them on canvas...Willie gave me my first paint box...he also got me hooked on Jazz; John Coltrane, who sets the mood to paint; Billie Holiday and Joanne Shenandoah who set the emotion; Malcolm-X, who taught me to stand up and do it for myself....by any means necessary."

For more information:

No comments:

Post a Comment